VPAT 2nd Heading Level
VPAT 3rd Heading Level
Security violations or network abuse
Don't access or use Hofstra University Services directly or indirectly to, or in ways that create any of the following:
- Disrupt uptime: adversely impact the availability of our Services, or those offered by a Third Party.
- Denial of Service: create or pose a risk that can result in a denial of service attack on our Services or services of a Third Party.
- Bypass security: bypass or attempt to circumvent limitations or security mechanisms established by Hofstra University or a Third Party. This includes testing or reverse- engineering to find limitations, vulnerabilities, competitive research, or evading filtering capabilities. This doesn't apply to Hofstra University's published bug reporting program.
- Security risk: create a security or service risk to Hofstra University, our Services, or a Third Party.
- Malicious attacks: send or facilitate cyber attacks of any kind.
Don’t access or use Hofstra University Services directly or indirectly to, or in ways that:
- Fake engagement: create, promote, or publish artificial or inauthentic engagement, reviews, or other related content.
- Create multiple accounts: create multiple Hofstra University accounts in order to circumvent any of our Services or Third Party service limitations or restrictions.
- Spamming: generate or send unsolicited messages that you do not have permission to send to recipients or which are otherwise prohibited under applicable law.
- Intellectual Property Infringement: use, post, distribute, or violate Hofstra University’s or a Third Party’s intellectual property that you don’t have the right to do so.
- Misrepresentation: impersonate other people or businesses, engage in phishing, spoofing, or otherwise misrepresent yourself or misstate the origin of any content. Accounts on Hofstra University Services may not be created with throwaway email addresses.
- Circumvent or violate Third Party terms: use Services with the primary purpose of violating or circumventing the terms or restrictions of a Third Party.
Illegal, harmful, hateful activities, or content
Don’t access or use Hofstra University Services directly or indirectly to, or in ways that exhibit:
- Fraudulent or illegal activity: violate or facilitate the violation of any applicable laws or regulations.
- Violence: threaten, plan, or otherwise facilitate violent activities that intend to or will cause physical harm to people or property.
- Exploitation of minors: illegally exploit minors or their image, likeness, or recordings.
- Doxing: harvest, collect, or share peoples’ personal information without their consent, exposing them to potential harassment, identity theft, loss of jobs, and other harm.
- Hateful content: harass, intimidate, abuse, or discriminate against others based on race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, religious affiliation, age, disability, disease, or immigration status.
Promotion of hateful content
You may not use Hofstra University Services if you are an individual or organization that has publicly stated goals, purpose, principles, or actions that advocate, sponsor, or practice discrimination, harassment, or violence towards people based on race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, religious affiliation, age, disability, disease, or immigration status.
Violation of this policy
Definitions used in this policy
“QuickStart means QuickStart Learning, Inc. and its affiliated entities. Hofstra University is a university partner affiliate.
“Services” means the QuickStart cloud-based products, including the QuickStart learning dashboard (CLIPP) platform, QuickStart A.I. services, QuickStart learning community, and related tools, APIs, applications and services.
“Third Party” means Hofstra University on behalf of QuickStart customers, experts, integration and application partners.
Modifications to Acceptable Use Policy
We modified the Hofstra University Acceptable Use Policy to re-organize and simplify the content. By continuing to use Hofstra University Services after the Effective Date noted above, you agree to this Acceptable Use Policy. If you don’t agree with these modifications, your sole remedy is to cease using Hofstra University Services immediately.
This policy may change over time, so please check back regularly for updates and changes.